Sunday 28 February 2010

Wot. No Green-winged Teal?

Er no, but I had a nice walk from Whitley Bay along the Waggonway to Holywell Dene and then onto St Mary's Wetland and home along the beach for Sunday lunch at the world famous Cottage Kitchen. I got home just as the heavens opened - perfect timing.

I saw 43 species including my first Treecreeper of the year and my first on patch Bullfinches. And that Med Gull again (Brierdene car park)- whereas a few weeks ago I couldn't find it, now it seems to be stalking me.

Pied Wagtail in 'paddy field' along the Waggonway



Holywell Dene - White water rafting anyone?






Robin singing in Holywell Dene. Another sings further down the track and a Wren joins in.

PS. If I can shake a leg early tomorrow there maybe some Green-winged Teal action tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. Tim. Out of interest, what do you use for filming ? The video mode on a stills camera or other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean, I use a Panasonic HDC-HS300 - a full HD camcorder. I process video using imovie on an iMac. Mostly it's just hand held but on distant subjects I use an adapter and connect it to my Kowa scope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Tim. I have a camcorder, but the results on the PC are far less better than when i playback on the TV (screen resolutions is the problem). Will have to start and take it out with me.
    I`ve tried using the video mode on my camera, but the file size is massive.

    ReplyDelete